Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most reliable Farming simulator 2013 modding site?  (Read 10340 times)
Agree Glanzo
Regular
Joined October 2012
Graphic Designer

« on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »

Can some one link me to some good Farming simulator 2013 modding sites? Or some of the mods you have created yourself?

Gold Medal JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009
Yolo Swaggins

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:58:19 pm »

http://fs-uk.com/mods

Sorry, but that's honestly the best site for FS13 mods if you want them to work.
The "official" one, http://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php is alright as well, but got pretty much the same things as here.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:00:31 pm by JoXXer » Logged

Agree AlbertL
Restricted
Joined July 2012
Leave us long haired country boy's alone

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:58:42 pm »

Can some one link me to some good Farming simulator 2013 modding sites?
your on it, secound omly to gaints own mod hub

Agree Glanzo
Regular
Joined October 2012
Graphic Designer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:00:04 pm »

For example tractors? I'm currently looking for some Massey ferguson, John deere.. etc
I've been on mod hub the only have some equipment, 1 tractor & a quad
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:01:36 pm by Glanzo » Logged

Agree Reu
Crushcrushcrush
MVP
Joined May 2009

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:31 pm »

For example tractors? I'm currently looking for some Massey ferguson, John deere.. etc
I've been on mod hub the only have some equipment, 1 tractor & a quad

There aren't really any mods your looking for yet, when there are they will be uploaded here.

There are plenty of tractors over at modhoster if you can't wait any more and prefer buggy or not fully working mods.

This website and giants modhub are your two most reliable websites to look on. When the good mods get uploaded. And if they comply to our testing guidelines and work properly they get approved for public download Smiley

Just be patient, good things come to those who wait etc.
3x Agree

Agree Raudbjorn
Veteran
Joined December 2009

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:29:15 pm »

Reliable?
Maybe, but currently not the best.
Restrictive uploading criterias, denying inexperienced modders to gain feedback (feedback is important for improvement...ALWAYS).
Honestly, a few conversions here and there harms no one, it's as simple as adding a checkbox to the upload page [Conversion: Yes/No].

I am me, a Northerner, heir of Vikings (i hope).
Works with photography and photoshop/other graphics.
So if someone wants some textures done, ask me and i'll give it a try.
Agree AlbertL
Restricted
Joined July 2012

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:33:53 pm »

Reliable?
Restrictive uploading criterias, denying inexperienced modders to gain feedback (feedback is important for improvement...ALWAYS).
Honestly, a few conversions here and there harms no one, it's as simple as adding a checkbox to the upload page [Conversion: Yes/No].

i compleatly disagree.
http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=126254.msg829165#new
the team took the time and tought me a great deal in just a few hours.
there are 6 sights i know that release anything and everything, gaints mod hub, here and american egales modling are the BEST OUT THERE.
1x Agree

Gold Medal JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009
Yolo Swaggins

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 03:39:06 pm »

Reliable?

Interesting opinions.
Restrictive uploading criterias to improve the overall quality and reduce problems for users is not good?

Denying inexperienced modders to gain feedback - How? There's a perfectly good WIP forum to get feedback of your mods, and also a modding help section where a lot of experienced modders try their best to help people who is just starting out.

Conversions are allowed here as long as they meet the upload criteria and there's permission from the original creator to upload it, no checkbox needed =)
It's about time someone put their foot down and try to ensure some quality on the scene.
3x Agree 1x Gold Medal

Agree Raudbjorn
Veteran
Joined December 2009

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »

i compleatly disagree.
http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=126254.msg829165#new
the team took the time and tought me a great deal in just a few hours.
there are 6 sights i know that release anything and everything, gaints mod hub, here and american egales modling are the BEST OUT THERE.

One can't always rely on experienced mod-teams
They have their own things to do.

Oh yeah, this site has mods: http://www.ls2013.com/
Just like every modhoster, it has both good and bad mods.
It's trial and error, just like this site (even regarding FS13)

Interesting opinions.
Restrictive uploading criterias to improve the overall quality and reduce problems for users is not good?

Denying inexperienced modders to gain feedback - How? There's a perfectly good WIP forum to get feedback of your mods, and also a modding help section where a lot of experienced modders try their best to help people who is just starting out.

Conversions are allowed here as long as they meet the upload criteria and there's permission from the original creator to upload it, no checkbox needed =)
It's about time someone put their foot down and try to ensure some quality on the scene.

What? so looking at pictures and maybe a video is just as good as trying out the mods personally?
Yeah, sure, there are betatesters, but some bugs slip through all the time regarding anything, from photoshop to paint and minecraft to crysis.
The more testers, the bigger chances to rule out bugs, even computer systems sometimes affect the performance of mods.
One learns more from practical use than theory.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:51:57 pm by Raudbjorn » Logged

Agree AlbertL
Restricted
Joined July 2012

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 03:52:27 pm »

One can't always rely on experienced mod-teams
They have their own things to do.

Oh yeah, this site has mods: http://www.ls2013.com/
Just like every modhoster, it has both good and bad mods.
It's trial and error, just like this site (even regarding FS13)

don't like the qualty controle. well thats your right. but it's there sight, they was asked by gaints to hold to a higher standerd. and frankly i'm all for it.
1x Agree

Gold Medal JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009
Yolo Swaggins

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 04:05:43 pm »

What? so looking at pictures and maybe a video is just as good as trying out the mods personally?
Yeah, sure, there are betatesters, but some bugs slip through all the time regarding anything, from photoshop to paint and minecraft to crysis.
The more testers, the bigger chances to rule out bugs, even computer systems sometimes affect the performance of mods.

Answering half of my questions, and that with a question! You, I like you, I never say no to a Internet discussion like this ;P

Oh, I thought we were on about helping and giving feedback to inexperienced modders, not sharing their incomplete mods for public beta-testing.
However, if they want to do that the WIP forum is a perfect place for that. I would imagine it going down something like this: "Hey guys, here's a link to my dropbox with a mod I'm working on, please share your thoughts to help me improve it!".

If the people that upload mods with errors wanted help with those errors they would ask for it, not just jam the mod out there to the public in a bad shape. They just want to upload stuff because they think it's pretty or whatever.

You're basically saying that mods with some errors are reliable when you're recommending other sites then FS-UK and ModHub, since those two are the only sites I know of that are extremely strict on enforcing a high level of quality.
It's an interesting opinion imho, and I can't say I agree with you at all.

3x Agree

Gold Medal dural
MVP
Joined May 2010

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 04:07:21 pm »

well, i can't agree with that.
regarding my last mod, there were dozens of testers to check it. but, in the same time, the final user could only see picture and video on the WIP topic.
final users are not meant to "beta-test" our mods.
if our "beta" version is public available, it is then a "public-beta". but, this should remain for some major mods like "courseplay".
maybe you are trying to say that FS-UK should host "beta-version" in a specific section ? (i currently host my beta-version on my googleDrive)
but this should remain restricted in access to testers, and so, become complicated to do.
1x Agree

Agree hazza123
500+
Joined February 2010
COYH

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 04:10:55 pm »

just go round and look for mods, but reliability and english come to ls-uk. Why are you here in the first place? Glanzo?
1x Funny

Gold Medal snapper
MVP
Joined April 2010

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

Oh, I thought we were on about helping and giving feedback to inexperienced modders, not sharing their incomplete mods for public beta-testing.
However, if they want to do that the WIP forum is a perfect place for that. I would imagine it going down something like this: "Hey guys, here's a link to my dropbox with a mod I'm working on, please share your thoughts to help me improve it!".

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. This was the motivation behind this topic I posted a while back. http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=123912
Fixing some things can be done very quickly once you have the know how, but there are other issues that are less trivial to resolve and I think the WIP area is a good place to try to enlist help to get over the last mile.

The problem with these discussions sometimes IMHO is that some people approach it from the perspective of  dealing with lazily built mods with unacceptable sloppy errors, whereas others are referring to mods which are fundamentally sound but might have one or two problems that are not easily resolved without the requisite skills.
Using the WIP area like that might be an avenue to explore.
1x Agree

Agree Raudbjorn
Veteran
Joined December 2009

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:49 am »

Hmm, seems i got answered a few questions myself now.
Ok, as long as the restrictions don't last too long, it's alright.
Still it makes little sense to wait for the high quality mods for the first while, as those usually takes longer, and also much longer time than mods with less quality, thus resulting in a longer wait for a mod one may really want.

And...well, what shall i say about this "beta" thing, performance is more important than graphical quality (<- personal opinion), so a mod may (obviously) have worse quality textures than Minecraft while still working realistic.
But, maube some sort of "beta", or "WIP" download section could be a viable option, while still keeping the "quality" mods where they are.
Resulting in people still uploading their mods, either as a "temporary" solution while waiting for a higher quality one.
And another thing, about "quality" mods, not everyone is interested in developing high-poly, tons of features, 100% realistic...for example, Claas Xerion 3800.
Nor is everyone interested in the content of the quality mods.
If this is supposed to be a much more reliable site, one should also allow mods of interest to the minority of players, even if overall quality is low.
I just hope it happens here sometime soon (IF it happens), mostly because of the english language used on the forums is easier to understand for a norwegian than a german forum.

1x Good Advice

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: