Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS13][RELEASED] MoreRealistic mod  (Read 139951 times)
Thanks jamespants
Regular
Joined July 2012

« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »

Mate just a suggestion here...if you intend to release before August the 7th...why not enter the MoreRealistic mod in the mod contest?? Results could surprise you...with a mod like this you could get up the top there!! Cheesy Smiley

I know it would get my vote. There aren't many mods that have such a huge impact on the entire game! After watching the video's playing the game without MoreRealistic seems almost pointless.

Gold Medal dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »

Mate just a suggestion here...if you intend to release before August the 7th...why not enter the MoreRealistic mod in the mod contest?? Results could surprise you...with a mod like this you could get up the top there!! Cheesy Smiley
1. I don't "intend" releasing before August. This could be before that, this could be after. I have no clue.
2. I am not interested in "competition" where "common" people who can't even appreciate what have been done will vote.
3. This mod is completely out of category (This is not a map, neither a new vehicle, and so, nothing new to show to all the "pesky" children.)
4. Making a beautiful John Deere with many useless visual features would win the contest (don't forget the 2 beacons, the big wheels, much black smoke and hundred flashy lights and of course, the CB antenna)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:25:45 pm by dural » Logged
9x Gold Medal 6x Agree 1x Funny

Gold Medal JD 8300
Veteran
Joined August 2010
Mighty South Aussies YEA!!!

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2013, 01:22:11 pm »

2. I am not interested in "competition" where "common" people who can't even appreciate what have been done will vote.

I was thinking this would probably be part of your answer. Keep up the good work anyways!!
1x Agree

Gold Medal SloMo
Joined November 2012

« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2013, 01:43:10 pm »

Hi all,

i think, Sir Dural is prejudging the community a little bit too hard   Cool

I suggest, that he will be surprised about the result of such a contest.

Think about the download-counter of Courseplay, which is not so easy to use, and needs some skills to work with.
IMO Courseplay is the only mod, which could be compared with MR, considering the complexity of the work.

Of course, Courseplay can´t improve the feeling of driving around with the machines, and can only moove gameplay in direction of "managing" the equipment.

But nevertheless, i can understand Dural very well, not taking part in this contest.  Smiley

At least, he is worldwide known in the FS-UK-Forum   Grin

Best regards

SloMo

who can´t wait, trying to convert the Ford-Force to MR.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:44:59 pm by SloMo » Logged
1x Agree 1x Gold Medal

Agree yumi
Joined May 2012

« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2013, 09:01:54 am »

Hello Dural,
I'm wondering if you (and maybe the fs-uk team) have a plan regarding the release of MoreRealistic compatible mods. I mean, when the engine will be released how do the converted mods could be available.
I know the creator of the original mod has to give permission to release a modified version of a mod but don't you think it would better if a converted mod is first tested to ensure the conversion has been done correctly.
I observed that for the 2011 version very few converted mods have been released, mainly because FS2013 was new at this same time. I have converted some mods, but I'm not sure their quality is sufficient to be shared.
So I just hope we could have a kind of label, or something like Staff Choice for these particular mods.
Sorry if I'm a little ahead for a WIP.
2x Agree

Thanks modelleicher
Joined July 2010

« Reply #365 on: June 10, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

Hi..

I just stumbled over this topic, and well.. Wow! That is truely amazing. I allways had the goal to play more realistic, and done some Scripts and Modifications by myself, too, to get a better feeling of the game. But besides a small script that changes the steerangle of the inner wheel while driving a curve (Ackermann steering) i never had success with something that really improved the physical "thing" while driving a tractor.
But i know how much work and trial and error is even in things that seem "small and easy" by what effect you get at the end, so i am really impressed. All that effort that is behind such a Mod, great!

But i have a question, as i tried to make the things more realistic i added a free swinging front axle to my vehicles, extra component for the front axle and some Z Axis free rotation about 5° in each direction or something like that. (In german it is called "Pendelachse", directly translated means something like swing axle but i don't think that is the real term for that, thats why i tried to explain it otherwise)
Like you already know the weight ratio of the main component and that that has the joint has to be something like 1/20 but even more like 1/50 oder 1/100 if you look for a really stable axle and without increasing solverIterationsCount too much. That means that my mods have something like a density of 1 to 4 at the main component and a density of 80 to 200 on the front axle to  achieve that, what then comes down to very unrealistic overall weights of the tractor. But the driving experience with that, and a fully animated and detailed frontaxle with all driveshafts and those things makes worth that in my opinion.

So the question is, could it be that your mod makes the whole physics thing better so that the weights actually can be nearly realistic (besides the 1/20 weight ratio or whatever) so the Mod will work with your mod? I am just curios about, maybe you already tried to convert a "Pendelachse" Tractor and found out?

ah well, sorry for bad english..

greetings from germany
modelleicher

A hour or minute is just a tiny little part of our whole life, and nonetheless it is the individual moments that make worth living.
Gold Medal dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #366 on: June 10, 2013, 10:21:49 am »

Hello Dural,
I'm wondering if you (and maybe the fs-uk team) have a plan regarding the release of MoreRealistic compatible mods. I mean, when the engine will be released how do the converted mods could be available.
There is nothing planned by the moment. I think we will see how the mod is received first.
Anyway, converting a mod and keeping the same "quality" is not really the problem. I think I am the problem because i can be considered as a "never satisfied" guy.
If we really want to check every mod converted before release, we will need a "test sheet" for each kind of vehicle.
Moreover, the tester would need a strong knowledge in farming equipment to check the weight, weight distribution, and draftforce/PTO requirement.
The good side is a right set tractor will work with every right set implement (talking of 3-pt hitch here).
And you don't even need to attach an implement to test if the 3-pt hitch is ok (i use an extended version of the gsVehicleAnalyse)

So the question is, could it be that your mod makes the whole physics thing better so that the weights actually can be nearly realistic (besides the 1/20 weight ratio or whatever) so the Mod will work with your mod? I am just curios about, maybe you already tried to convert a "Pendelachse" Tractor and found out?
Setting the wheels in an independant component is problematic with physx because the "getWheelShape" function return "bad" value in that case.
Example : ford 7000 by ni modding, if we look at the value returned (with no slip) : when the tractor component moves at 31.9kph, the front wheels give a value of 31.85kph and the rear wheel a value of 32.95kph.

Regarding the "Pendelachse", if you only add one new component and set the 2 front wheels in it, the weight ratio should be ok => front axle + 2 front wheels + wheel hub + shafts = near from 5% (1/20) of the total weight.
The real problem regarding "stability" comes from the position of the "wheelshape" -> most of the time, they are not placed on the outer extremity of the wheels, but either in the center or in the inner side.
=> this is like reducing your track width, even if you don't see it in game.

Thanks modelleicher
Joined July 2010

« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:57 pm »

Yeah the wheelshape is at the steering pivot of the wheel, so its not that easy at all to get such a Tractor driveable.

The "key" is, that not the main component of the tractor has to have the 80% weight, instead the front axle will have. Another thing is, that the centerOfMass at the main component is set somewhere near the back axle so that as less as possible forces try to tip the front axle. I think that kind of principle would not work with your Mod, right?

A hour or minute is just a tiny little part of our whole life, and nonetheless it is the individual moments that make worth living.
Gold Medal dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »

Yeah the wheelshape is at the steering pivot of the wheel, so its not that easy at all to get such a Tractor driveable.

The "key" is, that not the main component of the tractor has to have the 80% weight, instead the front axle will have. Another thing is, that the centerOfMass at the main component is set somewhere near the back axle so that as less as possible forces try to tip the front axle. I think that kind of principle would not work with your Mod, right?
Usually, i just set the right weight (or the minimum weight to keep a good ratio) for secondary component (and let their center of mass like in real - generally = 0,0,0)
Then, i set the remaining weight to the main component and adjust its center of mass so that the resulting global center of mass is close to the real one (but most of the time, i need to lower it a little to compensate the lateral instability due to the wheelshape track width)
Of course, this is easy for me because i don't have to mess up with density (with moreRealistic engine 2013, you can set the mass wanted directly in the xml file of the mod), and i can also "watch" the weight distribution in-game. (moreRealistic engine computes the dynamic weight on each wheelshape)

Thanks HGReaper
Regular
Joined June 2013

« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

Hi,

awesome Mod, I even reinstalled my FS 11 to give this a try and it's AMAZING.
I can't wait to get for the FS 13, but there is something I want to know:
Is there a possibility to use Vehicles or tools which are not MR ready even with the Mod installed?
Because otherwise everyone who bought the Ursus addon will have a little problem  Undecided

Greetings from Germany Wink
1x Agree

Gold Medal dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:39 pm »

Is there a possibility to use Vehicles or tools which are not MR ready even with the Mod installed?
yes, by the moment i do not remove any standart vehicles -> every MR converted default machinery are in the mod section. you can even attach "not mr" implement to "mr tractor" and vice-versa (even if it is not recommended)
And so, yes, you can still buy "normal" vehicles to feel the difference.

PS : a french mod with its topic on a uk forum read by German people. Welcome to "globalization" Wink
3x Gold Medal 2x Funny

Agree smith121363
Regular
Joined April 2010
R&R Farms,LP.

« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2013, 04:00:35 am »

PS : a french mod with its topic on a uk forum read by German people. Welcome to "globalization" Wink
 You have become more "global" than you may realize, you also have Americans and Australians patiently anticipating the release of your wonderful mod.  Grin

I have a question for you, when changing over the '13 mods to rm mods, will the change be close enough to the '11 mod setup to make it worth the effort to use the '11 example to "get ahead" on converting mods? I'm gathering mods I want for a map I'm making and I thought that while changing them from "show" tractors & trucks back to work tractors & trucks I could make a copy of each & get started on making them rm ready.

Thanks,
Robert

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:41:31 am by discoade » Logged

Funny hannesfarming
Restricted
Joined November 2011

« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2013, 05:37:52 am »

And you have some sweds too Wink i am.

Gold Medal dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:09 am »

I have a question for you, when changing over the '13 mods to rm mods, will the change be close enough to the '11 mod setup to make it worth the effort to use the '11 example to "get ahead" on converting mods? I'm gathering mods I want for a map I'm making and I thought that while changing them from "show" tractors & trucks back to work tractors & trucks I could make a copy of each & get started on making them rm ready.
Well, this is close but not the same, and so, waiting for a new convert example is better.
Anyway, there is no more "tedious" 3-pt hitch configuration. And you can specify the mass directly in the xml file without messing with the "density" in the i3d.
What you can do is start gathering info about your mod you want to convert :
- Max engine HP power / max fuel consumption (rough basis => 20L/100Hp)
- Fuel tank capacity
- Mass
- Mass distribution (estimate it if you can't find it, or ask us)
- Max speed allowed on the road (mainly for brake capacity)
- Price for a new one (even if it don't exist anymore, try to convert the former price to something that make sense nowadays)
- Example of max speed at work with a given tractor for an implement (to set up the draft force for example)
1x Thanks 1x Gold Medal

Agree smith121363
Regular
Joined April 2010
R&R Farms,LP.

« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »

I have already gathered the information on the trucks I am cleaning up. I have not started on the tractors yet. I was changing the "density" as I went but I guess that "mass" will take it's place in this version. As far as mass (weight) distribution on a truck the center of gravity should be about where the motor and transmission connect. Cabovers are notorious for doing a "nose dive" if you are going to fast and hit the brakes too hard while "bobtailing". With a trailer and carrying a full "legal" load (80,000 lbs{36287 kg} total weight in America)
the best distribution would be 10,000 lbs (4535 kg) on the front wheels and 35,000 lbs (15876 kg) on the back truck wheels and the trailer wheels. (10 + 35 + 35 = 80)

Have you check to see if the in game milk truck is to scale? I have not yet but it looks oversized to me. Just my opinion.
1x Agree

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: