Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44
  Print  
Author Topic: Official: Ursus DLC Pack Announced  (Read 64498 times)
Agree druptown
Director of FMC (Freelance Modding Crew)
FMC Team
Joined June 2009

« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:44 am »

... And only the Ursus bales is accepted, the standard Krone size-roundbales will NOT work

That's the typical Giants way of thinking, we make a balewrapper, but it's not compatible with the stuff that's allready ingame..... such a balewrapper can wrap any size of roundbale IRL

Funny Random Hero
That other guy..
MVP
Joined March 2009
Retro redneck

« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2013, 12:39:40 am »

Yeah its a shame that their own standard bales wont wrap. And not just only their roundbales, but just bales in general (allmost). Small, largebales in 90x90x110cm (if I remember the size correctly) was the size we used to wrap for people with horses for a hobby when I worked at a contractor. We never did the large, largebales (120x120x220cm) and have never seen that size wrapped. Roundbales we didnt even bother to do. Too much waste of time; Make a bale -> stop to unload -> make a bale -> stop to unload. Squares is better = just keep going!

Oh it's that simple, you can only wrap hay I assume? I was trying straw, I thought that you could, it appears that's the problem =/

I'll try with a hay bale, should work, kinda disapointed though. It's probably possible to change it, I'll look into that Wink

Random Hero > Sorry, a noobish farmer here! You're right I should probably leave them alone, I was doing it for Fs11 (for the fun of it) and I sort of assumed that you could. But you're right, now that I think of it I'm pretty dumb ..

Dont worry about it. We all started as newbs at some point. At least GIANTS added just a bit of realism in this pack.

Now we just need modders to break everything apart to make new wrappers for us [sarcasm sold seperatly] Grin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:42:05 am by Random Hero » Logged
1x Funny

Agree Marxtai
Joined December 2011

« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2013, 12:44:06 am »

That's the typical Giants way of thinking, we make a balewrapper, but it's not compatible with the stuff that's allready ingame..... such a balewrapper can wrap any size of roundbale IRL

True, it's a shame really because it had some potential, when it's modelled, textured and ingamed, why not take the extra time to make it work like it should?

Once again they are relying on the modding community to make that for them, it's true that it is quite developped but when you're selling something you might as well do the job well yourself .. =/

@Random Hero

The bales you're talking about (90x90x110) are they about the same size of what's produced by the extreme baling pack? Or are these large largebales? Would be awesome if we could wrap these! Tongue

I don't really use round balers either, it's not very practical, especially not on maps with hilly fields! But in real life for small farms it gets the job done, considerably cheaper than a square baler Wink

Funny Random Hero
That other guy..
MVP
Joined March 2009
Retro redneck

« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2013, 01:00:01 am »

The baler we used to hay for wrap was a NH BB 940. The bales from Extreme Baling Pack should be made with a NH BB 960. I Think! I have been a few years since I worked with NH balers. Everyone I know now uses MF balers, but the size is standarized.

The bales from the Extreme Baling Pack should be 120x120x180-240 (havent checked) We had one of those where I worked as a contractor and two MF 190 which is the the predecessor to the 2190. The six months I were worked there we made about 12000 bales in 120x120x220 and I collected about 6500 of them (if I remember correctly). My dad who have a dairy farm where the cows, in the winter, walk on a soft straw bed collect about 2000 of the same type of bales in that size.

Agree dale3887
1000+
Joined June 2010
Don't ask about me You don't want to know.

« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2013, 01:01:42 am »

has anybody tried to get this on mac? i have bought it but i cant find the download for the mac version

Agree druptown
Director of FMC (Freelance Modding Crew)
FMC Team
Joined June 2009

« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2013, 01:05:09 am »

Okay....my apologies to GIANTS.

It seems we are in the wrong here.
That balewrapper takes a max. bale width of 1200mm

http://en.ursus.com.pl/Forage-Hay-and-Straw-Line/Bale-Wrapping-Machine

Agree Marxtai
Joined December 2011

« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:33 am »

The Krone bales are bigger than that? A shame they chose that model though, because I saw on Ursus website another wrapper with bigger capacity (1500mm), and they probably have some more though. Tongue

Oh well, apologies Giants!

@Random Hero

Thanks for the clarification there Wink

EDIT : After a quick look on Ursus website I can't find that other wrapper I was thinking about. Might be an older version, or most likely I need to go to Specsavers!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:12:43 am by Marxtai » Logged

Funny Random Hero
That other guy..
MVP
Joined March 2009
Retro redneck

« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2013, 01:28:50 am »

@Random Hero

Thanks for the clarification there Wink

The Extreme baling bales are 120x120x250 which is correct. I remembered wrong when I stated that the max was 220cm in length. So that is correct scaled. The standard Krone baler create a bale im not familar with. And that one can NOT be wrapped. Hope all this gibberish make some sense..

Funny hannesfarming
Restricted
Joined November 2011

« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2013, 05:44:13 am »

Why can´t i wrap my ursus bales?

Agree JohnDeere1952
Veteran
Joined March 2012

« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2013, 05:47:16 am »

Why can´t i wrap my ursus bales?
Are you trying to wrap straw,if so I do not think it wraps straw only hay.

"""I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 3% will stand up.
Agree JD 8300
Veteran
Joined August 2010
Mighty South Aussies YEA!!!

« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2013, 06:14:24 am »

Love the look of that big tractor, the 15014!!! I would buy the whole pack just to have that one big decent front end loader tractor!!!

Funny hannesfarming
Restricted
Joined November 2011

« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2013, 06:26:57 am »

Im with JD 8300 its a beutiful pack

Agree marcel1519
Veteran
Joined March 2010
marcel

« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2013, 06:34:16 am »

GIANTS have officially announced their latest DLC Pack for Farming Simulator 2013.

Quoted Image - Click to view

The new Farming Simulator 2013 Ursus Addon contains over 10 authentic machines to expand your game!

Contains the following equipment: Ursus C-45, Ursus C-330, Ursus 5044, Ursus 8014H, Ursus 11024, Ursus 15014 and much more.

This DLC compatible with the Windows and the Mac OS X version of Farming Simulator 2013.

Release date: End of April 2013

Link to the GIANTS page - http://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-detail-fs13-ursus.php

Included in the pack :

As off today you can buy this addon on the official site for € 14,99 euro

Agree leicestershireFarmer
500+
Joined August 2011

« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2013, 07:02:54 am »

Really Gaints? You release a wrapper that doesn't even wrap the defualt bales? Well the other day I baled over 100 hay bales ready for the wrapper and now I find out that they won't even fit it. Brilliant.

Agree WLFS
Regular
Joined August 2012
If it has an engine, I'll run it

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2013, 07:56:55 am »

This dlc is good, although a bit overpriced. The wrapped bales are a nice new game mechanic. I love it when giants add a new feature that modders can play around with rather than just equipment. I have only noticed some trivial issues with the DLC. On one of the implements ( the windrower I think) there is a minor typo (waggons instead of wagons). The Ursus 15014 Frontloader loops the hydraulic noise when you attach the smallest weight on the back, and the bale gripper is a bit flippy. There may be other minor issues. The wrapped bales ( and unwrapped Ursus bales) are worth a ton of money! The wrapped silage bales are worth about $5000 at the barn on normal difficulty. The unwrapped Ursus bales are worth about $1000 if I remember correctly. Not sure why smaller Ursus bales are worth more than the Krone's. I guess that they wanted to reward the DLC buyers. I find the price of bales to be a bit steep personally. I easily made $150000 in a couple hours of work. At least making hay is a profitable enterprise now! I love the sounds of the Ursus C-45. That little pop pop pop pop sound is great. As previously said by another poster, the turning radius is very large. Not a fault, just something to get used to. My rating 7.9/10. I hope that others buy this DLC so that we can have more people to bale with.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44
  Print  

Jump to: