Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Mike3650
MVP
Joined October 2014
As mad as a March hare.
England England

« on: October 28, 2016, 03:26:14 pm »

This is an automatically generated support topic for the mod '4Real Module 03 - Ground Response' - Click here to view

If you need help using this mod, please reply to this topic.
y2jericho
Regular
Joined August 2011
Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:37:40 pm »

I noticed since adding this, that tractors, combines, etc, in fields get really bumpy.
Dzi4d3k
Veteran
Joined April 2015

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:14:46 pm »

I noticed since adding this, that tractors, combines, etc, in fields get really bumpy.

Did you drove real tractor on the field? From my real experience less comfortable tractors (without cab suspension) have almost exactly like these now in game. I'm really happy with how it works now in game with this mod.
However I'm reading through forum and see complains. Maybe players are too used to unrealistically steady tractors?
AMG Gaming
Veteran
Joined August 2016
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:53 pm »

Do people think that field are completely level? You get lots of bumps and bouncing about, otherwise there wouldn't be a need for all the cab suspension! I love these 4real mods, they make it all so realistic. Why they weren't implemented in the base game is a little odd.
Dzi4d3k
Veteran
Joined April 2015

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »

[...]
Why they weren't implemented in the base game is a little odd.

Maybe because Farming Simulatror Arcade 17 is targeted for as many players as possible, and seems that major part of people buying this game are just casual gamers or kids.
AMG Gaming
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 10:55:36 pm »

I guess. But maybe they could be an option for like hard only, people who you mention wouldn't play hard!
Noraf
500+
Joined October 2013
Might i help you?

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 10:56:57 pm »

^ I'm sure it's to cater for the ones that doesn't want it that hard.

Though, I think it needs a little tweeking to be even better.
Had the header on a mission combine bounce so hard, it would have taken serious damage,   this while going about 5km/h, since i was nearing the turnpoint....

Edit : Option to get them trough the in game modhub is a good middle road i think
AMG Gaming
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:16 pm »

I agree, Giants probably had this discussion between themselves! Interesting issue you brought up, were you going to quick? Wink
Noraf
500+
Joined October 2013
Might i help you?

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 11:03:39 pm »

Doing 5, and it's limited to 10....... Shouldn't be going to quick then i think.

AMG Gaming
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 11:05:18 pm »

Doing 5, and it's limited to 10....... Shouldn't be going to quick then i think.

We're you fully loaded or empty? Weight might have effected your turning ability
Noraf
500+
Joined October 2013
Might i help you?

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 11:10:15 pm »

Going straight, about half full. Was still harvesting, but aproaching the turn point (where i rise the header, before i turn ).
Not really a big thing, just feels it need a little bit of ajustment (just like crop destruction, that are a bit eager on destroying crops) I'm sure it'll get better soon.

Though, we might be on our way ot now  :p
maiko
Regular
Joined May 2010

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:01 pm »

Great mod... i really appreciate it, brings a lot of realism an inmersion to the game in fact..
but just a point, i think the seeded fields are kinda so much bumpy ( you can feel this better driving a combine harvester harvesting obviously) i guess is just a issue of adjustments.. you know..
But in general A GREAT MOD, i can see how much inprovements you could do to the game in the future to really  pass us a SIMULATION experience. THNKS for the good work and keep on doing this Cheesy
Sivill the Farmer
Regular
Joined October 2016
United States United States

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 11:31:40 pm »

I haven't had any issues with this mod up until I tried using my harvester. While harvesting it is bouncing around like crazy. Does anyone have a clue of what I might need to edit in the .lua to tone this down? There is a lot going on in that file so I'm having a hard time navigating through what I might need to change.

y2jericho
Regular
Joined August 2011
Canada Canada

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 10:46:12 pm »

I haven't had any issues with this mod up until I tried using my harvester. While harvesting it is bouncing around like crazy. Does anyone have a clue of what I might need to edit in the .lua to tone this down? There is a lot going on in that file so I'm having a hard time navigating through what I might need to change.

That is what I was talking about, the harvester bounces unrealistically.
y2jericho
Regular
Joined August 2011
Canada Canada

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 10:50:59 pm »

I have to say, I really like how I post a comment honestly explaining an issue.  Then immediately high-horsed individuals come in and immediately think that I don't know anything about farming, and that real fields have bumps.  The harvesters bounce like mad, and I have seen harvesters, plenty of them in real life, they don't bounce like that, cab-suspension or not.

My issue is not a knock on the creator of this mod, simply telling him about it.  How about some on this site, don't go off on a conversation with multiple others, about people wanting an arcadey game.  If I enjoyed arcadey experiences, I wouldn't have an issue with a combine bouncing around like mad, now would I?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page