Dead Grass Removal

Seen 1011 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
mrbisonm
Veteran
Joined July 2014

« on: March 13, 2017, 06:42:21 pm »

As in the picture below, all the mowable grass on the side of roads and fields are "dead", "dried", "spoiled", "rotten" or whatever you call it. I cannot mow it. I tried to run over with the cultivators in regular mode without plowing the ground, it takes away the grass and it does not seem to regrow after this.
I figure that this is a map construction failor or maybe some other sort of Error.

Question: Is there a way to make it grow again or make it mowable?

Thanks

Fred

Edit: It's the Ueckerfelde map

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:44:44 pm by mrbisonm » Logged

...forever a kid...
mrbisonm
Veteran
Joined July 2014

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:40:02 am »

Wow, 178 views and no freaking comment. So please forget it, I will have time to change games. lol

...forever a kid...
dale3887
2000+
Joined June 2010
Don't ask about me You don't want to know.
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:35:44 am »

Wow, 178 views and no freaking comment. So please forget it, I will have time to change games. lol

First this attitude will get you nowhere, trust me I know from experience. Second More than likely the map is using some sort of other fruit type for the grass on the side of the road that has made it wither. Because normal grass AFAIK does not ever wither. So the easiest thing to do would be to edit the map.i3d file in the editor and remove all the painted on grass and repaint it with the correct grass from ingame.

The other thing that could be causing this is a script in the map or some sort of error. Post your log just in case and also if you could post a link to the map for us to have a look at because I personally cannot find the map you mentioned.

Using the cultivator should remove it but as with all grass in this game it won't regrow so that is correct. You could take the time ingame and plow up all the grass on the sides of the road and replant it with normal grass. That would be the only way I know of to fix it ingame. But again that requires you to use a normal plow and not just the cultivator.

Psst. Click the Sig
ccs101
MVP
Joined September 2012
Use the force...
United States United States

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:02:34 am »

it is a "map construction error" in fact... in the sense that the grass likely was painted with the wrong channels... the fact that the cultivator will "destroy" it indicates that it is the correct "growable" grass... but, the wrong channels makes it uncuttable... If it were a different foliage layer such as the "weeds", "flowers" etc... that many mod maps have, the cultivator would not touch it... those extra foliage layers are "indestructible" in game... even the plow will not get rid of them.  I have also had the this experience when converting maps from earlier versions such as 2011... something seems to "get lost" in translation, resulting in the "withered" grass... The only solution for this is to repaint all the grass with the correct channels... Smiley
mrbisonm
Veteran
Joined July 2014

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »

First this attitude will get you nowhere, trust me I know from experience.
Well, I kinda disagree with you, since you just proved me the contrary. Wink Now I have an answer and I know from experience also. Thank You though.

Thank you both for commenting even if it can't be "fixed" easily or not at all, but I just wanted to know. I checked the log, but there are no errors on the map whatsoever. The grass can be deleted by simply using a cultivator and also a plow, as you mentioned. So it is indeed growable grass, but once this is done, it does not grow back. It's gone for good. Since repainting the map is so much effort (it is a very large map), I will continue to play on it and totally ignore the fact that the grass is red on the map and only use the areas which are green and re-growable/mowable grass for my grass/hay production. Besides I have enough more fields to buy which I can seed into grassfields if I need to.

I thought that the error could be changed in the xml file or in a script, without handling the repaint option which I have tried/done many years ago and wasn't worth the effort.

So, thanking you both for the kindness to come forward and give me a constructive solution/explanation to this strange map problem. Thank You.

Greetings from Quebec
Fred

...forever a kid...
Farmer_Bell
Regular
Joined January 2015

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »

Just a thought, as it is FS13 you are playing, could you not simply plough the road verge, then use a seeder to plant grass. As in 13, that will restore the painted grass beneath and let the new mowable grass grass grow on top. So it will look right and also be able to be cut.
You probably wont be able to plough all the verges, as Im sure there will be bits round trees etc, but it should certainly reduce the amount of red on the map.
Yelibam
Forum Desk Jockey
Manager
Joined November 2009
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 08:30:51 pm »

First this attitude will get you nowhere, trust me I know from experience.
Well, I kinda disagree with you, since you just proved me the contrary. Wink Now I have an answer and I know from experience also. Thank You though.

Just to clarify - you got your answer because people are keen to help, but the attitude is not appreciated on this forum.

Please don't PM me for help with modding or gameplay.  Use the forum!
mrbisonm
Veteran
Joined July 2014

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 04:04:23 am »

Just a thought, as it is FS13 you are playing, could you not simply plough the road verge, then use a seeder to plant grass. As in 13, that will restore the painted grass beneath and let the new mowable grass grass grow on top. So it will look right and also be able to be cut.
You probably wont be able to plough all the verges, as Im sure there will be bits round trees etc, but it should certainly reduce the amount of red on the map.
I thought of this and yes, I would be able to plow all the roadsides and reseed them with grass, but geeeeez, that map is way too big and it would take me several weeks of playtime to do this. I'd rather ignore the red and seed one of those fields that I haven't purchased yet.
I thought that there would 've been a simpler answer, that's why I asked. Thanks.

Yelibam, my attitude was a small simple remark, nothing to make such a big Fuzz, please. I excuse myself and now let's forget it. An attitude is like a colour preference, a religion or  just another preference. If someone has one, please respect. I seeked no harm nor offence and please remark that I said *Please forget it*! Thank you and thanks for those who helped to clear this up, much appreciated. Wink.

Fred

...forever a kid...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page