google translate help

Seen 282 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
seederman
Born to post
Joined January 2011

« on: March 19, 2017, 12:23:29 pm »

I dont know if this is in the correct place for posting this. but please accept my apology if not as cant see where to ask my question

ok I have someone who is helping me with a mod, he is german, and sent me this message below

moin moin die map bekomme ich nicht runtergeladen kannst du bitte die ergen wo noch mal hochladen das ich sie dann habe das ich sie fertieg machen kann

so I used google translate to English

Moin moin the map I get not downloaded can you please the ergen where once again I upload them then I can make them manufactured 

But I still cant understand what he means, is there any german speaking people here or maybe someone can work out what he means. it seems like he is saying he cant download the map, and asks where it is again I maybe wrong, but very confused with beginning of his reply  Moin moin  whats all that about
akuenzi
One certain harried accountant
MVP
Joined January 2015
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:30:58 am »

it seems like he is saying he cant download the map, and asks where it is again I maybe wrong, but very confused with beginning of his reply  Moin moin  whats all that about
Hi seederman,

I don't know German, either, but sometimes I think it helps to isolate words in the Google translator.  If you isolate the word 'moin,' it translates as "hello."  Who knows what it means to put two 'hellos' back to back. Smiley

The Google translator is an extraordinarily useful tool... but like all tools, it seems to have its limitations... especially on the input.  If our German friends spell as poorly in their general writing that we English speaking folks do... Google would need one stellar translator to figure all that out! Cheesy Well... perhaps 'poorly' is the wrong word to use -- maybe the word 'carelessly' would fit better? Grin

Best of luck in communicating! Tongue

seederman
Born to post
Joined January 2011

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:06:17 am »

Hi seederman,

I don't know German, either, but sometimes I think it helps to isolate words in the Google translator.  If you isolate the word 'moin,' it translates as "hello."  Who knows what it means to put two 'hellos' back to back. Smiley

The Google translator is an extraordinarily useful tool... but like all tools, it seems to have its limitations... especially on the input.  If our German friends spell as poorly in their general writing that we English speaking folks do... Google would need one stellar translator to figure all that out! Cheesy Well... perhaps 'poorly' is the wrong word to use -- maybe the word 'carelessly' would fit better? Grin

Best of luck in communicating! Tongue

Thanks once again  akuenzi  so kind of you to reply, yes I found out in the end Moin means hello,  I think i can understand what he is saying now hopefully, as like i said seems he wants to know where the map is to download
Bandit127
Regular
Joined July 2016
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »

Ergen might be a Dutch word meaning somewhere. Certainly in the context of the translation, it might mean "place".

I would certainly ask him to type more carefully for you.

(I wonder how that will translate through Google).
I have to use Google to translate German to English and I would be very pleased if you would type your message carefully in simple words for me.
Double translated gives:
I need to use Google to translate German to English, and I would be very pleased if you would enter your message carefully for me in simple terms.
Pretty close actually...

seederman
Born to post
Joined January 2011

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »

Ergen might be a Dutch word meaning somewhere. Certainly in the context of the translation, it might mean "place".

I would certainly ask him to type more carefully for you.

(I wonder how that will translate through Google). Double translated gives:Pretty close actually...

Well he says he is german so wont have thought Ergen means somewhere maybe it do in dutch, but i just assumed it meant origin 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page