Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blender cant export my textures  (Read 3068 times)
Agree parockin
Legend
2000+
Joined March 2009
Ph0eNiX Farming Ltd

« on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:45 pm »

Hello, im making a silo for a friend, ive modeled it, exported it to blender, added textures in blender, but when i try to export to .i3d, the textures doesent come along.

The blender window show me the error message "Blender cant export texture "Aluminium", file is not an image!"

Blender Tutorial - Adding Texturespowered by Aeva

I followed his guy's tutorial and did everything he did...

Anybody have a clue what i might be doing wrong?

Celebrating 5 years on LS-UK!
Agree Glen
1000+
Joined August 2009

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:15:33 am »

Open the .i3d in notepad and get rid of all the "attributes" stuff from the textures. Basically, Blender puts that stuff in, which is pretty wacky, and GE can't find the textures. Make sure that relative path is set to true and that all the textures are in the same folder as the .i3d.

I hope I've helped.

Gold Medal Tepa00
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:01 am »

Blender i3d export doesn't support non images like generated voronoi or stucci inside blender. materials and textures must be UV wrapped to export properly. And after exporting do what Glen said earlier in this topic.

Hope this helps you.

Agree parockin
Legend
2000+
Joined March 2009
Ph0eNiX Farming Ltd

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:09 pm »

Glen:Actually there isnt any "attributes" stuff in the .i3d, and ive also tried converting the textures to .dds using Paint.NET, but that didnt work either...

Tepa: Im not so deep on texturing, what is Voronoi and Stucci?
Ive UV wrapped the model and applied the textures using the regular method...

But thanks for the answers, any answer is a good answer except the bad ones

Gold Medal Tepa00
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »

Parocin, they are a non-image textures that are inside blender. Like most material and texture pacs use these materials because, it's easier to share in the web.
See more here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Textures/Types/Procedural

And what Glen said, no. There isn't a attributes it's called "assets" in the I3D-file.
Example (open it in notepad):
  <Files>
    <File fileId="1" filename="assets\texture1.png" relativePath="true"/>
  </Files>
Remove the assets-folder from the file or make a assets folder in the folder where the model is and move all textures to there.

And the I3D format is very precise, cause it has to know the extension of the files properly, or it wont work.
For the textures you have made, the best formats are .dds and .png. Do not use .jpg because it loses the resolution of the image when edited many times.

Hope this helps.
Tepa00

Agree Glen
1000+
Joined August 2009

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 01:24:24 pm »

I apologise, I said "attributes" instead of "assets", I had a blonde moment... Well, I AM blonde, sooo... Tongue

Agree parockin
Legend
2000+
Joined March 2009
Ph0eNiX Farming Ltd

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:23 pm »

Nope, Nothing there either...

Basicly, i export from Sketchup using a .obj exporter i got from the net(Yes, ive tried .dae exporting too)
Then i import to blender, applies textures using the guide in my first post, then i export it with the .i3d exporter from Giants.
After that i open Silo.i3d in Notepad++, change the file name to Metal.dds, then i create a folder "assets" containing the Metal.dds file
Of we go! But.. disappointment D:

I thing theres 3 things i might be doing wrong:

1. I should apply the textures by a different method
2. I should export/import in another way, maybe other file formats?
3. There is still something in the .i3d i need to change

But hey! Some progress, i have the file path in the .i3d Cheesy

jhayward72
Joined June 2010

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:54:40 am »

I've been messing with this for a couple months... I've tried every tip, I've tried several versions of Blender and Python... it just doesn't work...

Gold Medal Tepa00
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 05:30:04 am »

The exporter works only in blender 24.9b and python 2.6. Textures must be UV wrapped to export.

jhayward72
Joined June 2010

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »

Yup that's what I had- the image was uv wrapped, I removed the assets tag from the filename, still nothing

Gold Medal Tepa00
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:58 pm »

And you are getting it white in GE? You may have the texture image in other directory as an example if the file is in ls09/mods/mod/*.i3d and the texture in ls09/mods/*.png you have to copy the texture in the mod folder. And you also may want to check the scripting window in GE. It may say that 'Error:invalid number of channels:*.png', then you have to move the file in to some other directory ex. ls09/mods/mod/tex/*png and then in the i3D file remove assets and replace with tex.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Tepa00

Gold Medal JD3130
Veteran
Joined November 2010

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »

Think I might be having a similar problem as this..

Sometimes Blender exports my textures and other times I have no "assets" bit to delete, instead I get this "cosPower" thing???

and when I get this I only get a white model with no texture.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:09:48 pm by JD3130 » Logged

melvo33
Joined September 2009
Diesel power

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:47 am »

no i have al little texture but now its reaalllly weird... its a sort of see trough thing with a little texture..
what went wrong?

Gold Medal Tepa00
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 06:15:59 am »

no i have al little texture but now its reaalllly weird... its a sort of see trough thing with a little texture..
what went wrong?
Select all faces (press A) and CTRL + N and select recalculate the normals outside. IF I remember right... Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: