Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GIANTS game engine has stopped working  (Read 22353 times)
SimmiSumo
Joined October 2010

« on: October 25, 2010, 10:41:40 pm »

My mate has a problem with FS 11, when he tries to play career his game crashes and this message appears "GIANTS game engine has stopped working" can anyone help?

Agree JD650
Regular
Joined March 2010

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:16 pm »

might have to reinstall again.

Its all about John Deere, Massey, and Ford
SimmiSumo
Joined October 2010

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:14:50 pm »

Re-installing didn't work.  Sad

Gold Medal poncat
Joined August 2009

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:00:02 am »

well.. got same problem.. i figured out that it is the pc that is the problem..  i have only dedicated 64MB.. and i think the game uses 128MB or something.. but anyhow... does anyone know how to change the graphicmemory settings??   or know where i can find help?

(sorry for bad english)

Agree Sniper214
MVP
Joined May 2010
When you're uhunemployed, weekends are meaningless

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 04:14:16 am »

did your friend install any mods and or modify map? did he remove savegames as well?making a bad modification to the map will cause that error. A complete removal of FS2011, savegames then a reinstall will generally fix it.

But like poncat said, if his computer don't meet the specs it will run lik crap or crash.

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on disc.
bigfarmergonemad
Joined November 2009

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:07:56 pm »

OK, so i just bought LS 2011 last night, i bought it off of Steam, a international game server thingy, anyways i get the same error.

Giants game engine has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

OK, C'MON!!!!!! I WANT TO PLAY MY FREAKING GAME!!!!!! I have LS 2009 currently installed on my computer, but like thats another game, and i haven't done anything to the game except download it from steam, and now its giving me crap about the Giants game engine. If someone could help me i would much appreciate it, i like farming games but dont know that much about computers. i will revisit this site tomorrow.

Thx, bigfarmergonemad       Smiley

Agree johndeere 4255
1000+
Joined May 2009
American Eagles Mod Team

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

ok guys, well can you guys post your logs, and system specs, that should tell us alot.

well.. got same problem.. i figured out that it is the pc that is the problem..  i have only dedicated 64MB.. and i think the game uses 128MB or something.. but anyhow... does anyone know how to change the graphicmemory settings??   or know where i can find help?

(sorry for bad english)

sounds like its time for a new graphics card for you lol

bigfarmergonemad
Joined November 2009

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 02:54:16 am »

Alright, i re downloaded the game, but i still have the same problem, and its not my computer because i can take and play MW2 and Black ops on mine and it doesn't affect it, i have put my graphics on low for MW2 and everything is so shiny that when the sunlight flashes off of it it almost blinds me. So, i still need some help trying to get this fixed, i really like the Farming Simulator games, THEY ARE # 1!!!!!!!

Agree johndeere 4255
1000+
Joined May 2009
American Eagles Mod Team

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 03:02:48 am »

you play mw2 and black ops with only 65 mb of grahics memory?, hmm, well whats your specs of your pc, log say any thing intresting in it?, surely if you play mw2 you can play farming sim lol
1x Agree

bigfarmergonemad
Joined November 2009

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 05:09:10 am »

OH OH OH, i figured it out with the help of one of my online friends from MW2, hes a computer guineas, anyways, it is the graphics card, BUT, if you put in a better graphics card make sure its a good one he said, he told me to put in a new one, and to go to best buy, purchase one around $70 - $130 dollars, and he figures it will help my online gaming and fix the problems, The only reason that i found this out was because my comp wanted to update it and he had to update it manually, after restarting my comp i tried the game and PRESTO, it worked, its very laggy but it works, so now i have to find like $200 - $250 so i can have a really good graphics card. But in the end, its just your graphics card, and all you have to do is have a better one put in and you should be good to go.

Sincerely, bigfarmergonemad

Agree johndeere 4255
1000+
Joined May 2009
American Eagles Mod Team

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 05:18:31 am »

well thats good news, what kind of graphics card do you have now?, if your gonna get play cod i would look at the ati 5870's or 5770's they look pretty good, unless you have nvidia, then you probably want to stick to that obviously, i personally like nvidia over ati, but i have an ati right now, and it works great, ne way glad to hear you got it sorted out, so you updated the graphics drivers, then it worked but it was laggy, so you now know you need a graphics card, yep sounds right, id get one with atleast 1gb of memory, good luck, hope everything works out (ps after you get a new good card, i know you will be so much more happier, it was like night and day when i did lol)

niall123
Restricted for breakng contractors rules. Stop trying to steal workers from other teams.
Restricted
Joined July 2010

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:07 pm »

IS THERE A

zetanzeta
Joined November 2010

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 11:21:52 am »

I have the same problem, but I can tell you it isn't my computer.

Specs:
Gigabyte DA-x38-DQ6
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
Corsair Dominator TwinX x 3 = 3Gb 1066Mhz
Western Digital 10k RPM

And I have also tried to re-install more than once.

So please, get a solution for me!

Edit: Problem solved, Windows had updates and I installed them and now it works fine! Smiley
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:10:40 pm by zetanzeta » Logged

Kingding
Joined November 2010

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 09:07:41 pm »

I have the same problem, this is my log file.

<Fail1></Fail1>
      </de>     
      <jp>
        <Title>Online Product Activation</Title>
        <Input>Please enter your Product Activation Key</Input>
        <Next>Activate &gt;</Next>
        <Cancel>Cancel</Cancel>
        <Wait>Please wait while activating your product...</Wait>
        <Success>Product Activation successful.</Success>
        <Fail1>Failed. No access to profile.</Fail1>
        <Fail2>Activation server connection failure. Please try later.</Fail2>
        <Fail3>Product Activation failed. Activation Key invalid.</Fail3>
        <Fail4>Product Activation failed. Online Activation limit exceeded.</Fail4>
      </jp>   
   </online>
  </l10n>

</startup>

MATE12
Joined September 2009

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »

I successfully solve the problem. I go to http://www.farming-simulator.com/fs2011Update.php download the patch and write key. I  successfully
play game

sorry for bad English

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: