Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ''Giants game engine has stopped working''  (Read 6155 times)
Same110
Joined August 2010
SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

« on: December 30, 2010, 12:42:51 am »

every time i go into career or missions in fs11 it  loads then a message pops up, saying >''Giants game engine has stopped working''. ii'm sure you heard of this problem before,i think its my log but i don't know how to fix it? help PLEASE!! Huh     THANKS

edelbrock14
Joined November 2009

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:54:13 am »

I am having the same problem i build or import a map and then i have to hit CTRL+ALT+ Del to go back to desktop and it says the same thing if you find what it is PLZ message me

DM Farm Models
Joined December 2010
Ford , New Holland all the way

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:37:14 am »

excact same thing has happend to me i bought a new laptop its a acer aspier 5336 and does the same thing when its trying to load a game  Huh
the game works fine on my other two computers bu not my acer please anybody who knows any thing please tell me how to fix it im not a computer expert  Huh

--------------------------  www.dmfarmmodels.weebly.com  --------------------------
Agree herrman
500+
Joined July 2009
"She was bending as a snake but didn't lessen gas"

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:34:11 am »

... now it's on strike for undefined time...

Well, try to open log.txt (in documents\my games\farmingsimulator2011) and look for "callstack" and "error".

Post some lines of these errors and callstacks (for the callstack the WHOLE stack of errors, not only the first line)

Then look for the last lines of the log

Try to upgrade graphics card drivers, mostly the problem is due to old drivers...
If you've got a Nvidia card I recommend to use 257.21 or 258.96 driver, because 260 series has already given many probs around the world...

About the acer 5336... best wishes, because a celeron 3500 + intel 4500 with shared memory can give no big results... anyway try to go into BIOS settings and increase the amount of graphics memory dedicated to video over 256 mb

"never try to debate with an idiot, because he brings you to his level, then beats you with experience"
(unknown)

"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places"
(Henny Youngman)

"nothing runs like a deere" during hunting season Wink
Agree ignacmare
Regular
Joined November 2010

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »

every time i go into career or missions in fs11 it  loads then a message pops up, saying >''Giants game engine has stopped working''. ii'm sure you heard of this problem before,i think its my log but i don't know how to fix it? help PLEASE!! Huh     THANKS

look at your mods there must be a problem had the same thing, checked the log and removed the problem mod

Same110
Joined August 2010
SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 03:27:27 pm »

I have no mods,it is to do with the 'vertex shader'.

Agree nomadjc
Joined November 2010

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:38:07 pm »

If you increase the dedicated VRAM...you will kill the machine.  It only has 2 GB of RAM to start with.  Basically, I would stop attempting to play this game on this laptop it is totally inadequate to do the job.  At the very least, need to double the RAM.

... now it's on strike for undefined time...

Well, try to open log.txt (in documents\my games\farmingsimulator2011) and look for "callstack" and "error".

Post some lines of these errors and callstacks (for the callstack the WHOLE stack of errors, not only the first line)

Then look for the last lines of the log

Try to upgrade graphics card drivers, mostly the problem is due to old drivers...
If you've got a Nvidia card I recommend to use 257.21 or 258.96 driver, because 260 series has already given many probs around the world...

About the acer 5336... best wishes, because a celeron 3500 + intel 4500 with shared memory can give no big results... anyway try to go into BIOS settings and increase the amount of graphics memory dedicated to video over 256 mb

I can help with computer or game problems.  I don't know too much about modding, so I probably can't help you much with that.
Agree herrman
500+
Joined July 2009

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:19:25 pm »

If you increase the dedicated VRAM...you will kill the machine.  It only has 2 GB of RAM to start with.  Basically, I would stop attempting to play this game on this laptop it is totally inadequate to do the job.  At the very least, need to double the RAM.

ooooooooooooooooooohhhh... I've already said this is a weak PC, dear nomadjc1 !!!

BUT

Minimum requirements about memory say 1GB ram AND 256 mb VRAM.

IF he has the video RAM factory set at 128 MB he cannot load the game, if he sets it to 256 mb he is going to have the confirmation of what I said but somehow he should be able playing...

I have no mods,it is to do with the 'vertex shader'.

So if you try to upgrade your video card driver and get no results I think your pc cannot handle Farming Simulator. Maybe for the video memory problem, so check also this

Thank you...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:24:30 pm by herrman » Logged

"never try to debate with an idiot, because he brings you to his level, then beats you with experience"
(unknown)

"I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places"
(Henny Youngman)

Agree Linkyy567
Regular
Joined November 2009
Lsnor! Forum founder...

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »

Ive got that prob in 09 ... But i upgraded my graphic card... So now it works alot better!

Agree nomadjc
Joined November 2010

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 04:41:05 pm »

Your right, Herrman...the PC meets the minimum specs, but there are a couple of things a play here.  First, if you really would like to enjoy a game on at least medium settings to at least KINDA get the feel for what a game can provide, you have to look at RECOMMENDED specs, not MINIMUM specs.  Second thing at play here is that this game was not particularly designed to play on portable computers (laptops).  Whenever laptops come into play you will have to have higher specs.  When I purchased this game, I looked on the giants website and it said on there somewhere that this game was not particularly supportive of laptop computers.  I wish I could provide the location that I had read there, but alas, that has been a few months ago and my feeble mind has lost that information. 

Bottom line is if you would like to play this game on a laptop computer, you had better get one that has some "meat and taters" under the hood or it is going to run crappy.  With a PC you can get away with a lot more.  Portable specs may read the same as PC specs, but they always process much slower and require much higher performance specs than the minimum.  Especially with this game with its intensive graphics drawing systems. 

ooooooooooooooooooohhhh... I've already said this is a weak PC, dear nomadjc1 !!!

BUT

IF he has the video RAM factory set at 128 MB he cannot load the game, if he sets it to 256 mb he is going to have the confirmation of what I said but somehow he should be able playing...

So if you try to upgrade your video card driver and get no results I think your pc cannot handle Farming Simulator. Maybe for the video memory problem, so check also this

Thank you...

I can help with computer or game problems.  I don't know too much about modding, so I probably can't help you much with that.
DM Farm Models
Joined December 2010

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 08:00:39 pm »

so what do i do will i try and upgrade the video card ? my laptop is 2gb ?
and if i do need to upgrade the video card how do i do this ?

--------------------------  www.dmfarmmodels.weebly.com  --------------------------
Agree herrman
500+
Joined July 2009

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 08:07:05 pm »

so what do i do will i try and upgrade the video card ? my laptop is 2gb ?
and if i do need to upgrade the video card how do i do this ?

Video card upgrade on notebooks implies the use of garbage can... you should throw away actual notebook to buy a better one. Not so cheap solution...

What you should do is to try to increase (from BIOS) the video memory that actually (I think but not sure) should be stuck at 128Mb (usually that's the minimum value set in factory)

Read carefully user manual for your notebook for how to do it Anyway you cannot damage it doing this operation, and it costs nothing... give it a try...

(unknown)

(Henny Youngman)

DM Farm Models
Joined December 2010

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 09:25:48 pm »

i read the manual but cant find any thing on it  Huh
my friend had the same probem with his laptop it the same laptop as mine and took it to a computer shop and they fixed it trough the internet does any one know how they might have fixed it or will i have to just take it to them ?

Agree nomadjc
Joined November 2010

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 03:29:25 pm »

Often times, depending on the BIOS settings available, you can't adjust it.  It is done automatically and there is no option provided.  Herrman is correct, there is no way to upgrade the video card on a laptop unless you find the exact same model on sometehing like ebay or something and buy it for parts.  But, this is no guarentee.  So, beware. 

If you look in the bios settings, there MAY be something referring to the video card.  I would look on google and see if you can find a REPAIR manual instead of a users manual on your laptop available.  If so, that may have more detailed information on how to adjust the settings, you can also look on the website for your BIOS provider and see if they have specific instructions. 

It is unfortunate that this game wasn't really made for laptops, especially low end laptops.  It is a wonderful product, especially for the price.  Unfortunatly, from reading the different posts on this site, many people experience the lack of adquacy of thier equipment upon the purchase of this product. 

Try what Herrman said, if that doesn't help, then you will have to either play on a PC or purchase a new laptop.  I personally play on a laptop, but I bought a gaming laptop that was quite expensive. 

Same110
Joined August 2010
SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 06:09:20 am »

BUT

Thank you...
   i hhave 09 and it works grand???

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: