Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Loading shovel or Tractor/buckrake combination?  (Read 14825 times)
Agree liamnh8560
500+
Joined April 2009

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 05:54:39 pm »

Loading shovel has more weight, but a tractor is more versatile, especially smaller farms. I don't know how well those tracked machines would work, I can see the tracks tearing up the heap when you turn. You would have to go straight up and straight down. But I could be wrong.

Thats what I thought and the road speed must be very slow.. I think they would be better suited to America. Cause the farmaster was too big for some of the older more traditional clamps..

http://www.youtube.com/user/liamlightmx?feature=mhw4  Best channel for average videos! Comment and subscribe!
Gold Medal Roz
Rushing in, where Angels fear to tread.
1000+
Joined May 2009
Still Amazed By The Schramm Rig

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:56 am »

Most tracked loaders don't have such heavy cleets on (mainly smooth tracks) which removes some of there tractive power, but adds in the ability to turn better, don't forget your not locking one track right up, your simply releaseing the clutch drive to that track to allow it to have free movement, whilst the otherone goes on forward. I'll make a vid of my JD when it eventually comes back to the yard.

Of course Ive sorta missed the obvious, Wouldent a Largeish (say 10 meter) telehandler do a good job?

Gold Medal rh
NI Modding
Joined April 2009

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 12:14:27 pm »

The contractor that I drive for has a Terex TM200 (really a matbro t200) and its a heap of sh*te on the pit. The david brown 996 we used to have would blind her on the pit no bother.

Anyway, I reckon as far as a indoor pit is concerned, the lift off cab on a 390 is very handy. I still think a decent tractor with a front linkage would beat any handler. Have a look at this video - the tractor is going faster

Moover - Pretty Fly?DQ | by Aeva

NI Modding - alwyn, henly20, knut, rh
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/@ni_modding
Visit our website http://nimodding.wordpress.com
Agree robouk8484
1000+
Joined August 2009

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 12:22:03 pm »

a tractor would be so much better more torque goin forward and you have big fat tyres to join it.

Thanks luke-johndeere7810
Regular
Joined April 2009
if u aint got no smoke, u aint got no poke

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 01:01:47 pm »

tractor and buckrake any day over a loading shovel. Fendt 818 with a push up buckrake and huge block on the back. I bet it would out manouver a loading shovel and i reckon they have more pushing power.

sig by Alex7530
Good Advice newholland8360
Veteran
Joined September 2009
'tramper on driver..i say tramp her'.....

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 08:59:16 pm »

The contractor that I drive for has a Terex TM200 (really a matbro t200) and its a heap of sh*te on the pit. The david brown 996 we used to have would blind her on the pit no bother.

Anyway, I reckon as far as a indoor pit is concerned, the lift off cab on a 390 is very handy. I still think a decent tractor with a front linkage would beat any handler. Have a look at this video - the tractor is going faster

Moover - Pretty Fly?

this also a bad man on a shovel hear him hitting the buckrake off the wall? so dosnt really do the loading shovel much justise!!!

i defo think a loading shovel is the way forward a jcb 416 are a redrock th500 animals of machies

this is the beast man at buckrakin in co armagh have a look at this buckraking at andersons.. (External Embedding Disabled)

Agree jcb411abuser
Joined July 2010

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 05:17:13 pm »

we put in 80 acres on sunday night in 5 hours with two harvesters and 6 trailers going, the two harvesters were a new holland FX50 and the other was a claas 870, had a loader and a tractor and front linkage on the pit, loader was a LM5060 new holland and the tractor was a T6050, after an hour with the loader i just stopped cause there was really no need for me and the pit was too steep for the loader to climb at any kind of speed, the tractor and buckrake kept everything going at it's ease. Same man with the claas has put in over 200 acres between 8 o'clock yesterday morn and 4 o'clock today with the one buckrake on the pit, and in irish conditions that is impressive. plus the diesel savings are massive with the tractor compared to loader. anything smaller then a volvo L110 and 15ft buckrake wouldn't come close to a tractor, and even then the loader gets it's ass handed to it when the pit is longer than 60feet.

Agree ClaasJaguar870
Wee pup
1000+
Joined August 2009

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »

i personally think loading shovels are better they clear the load quicker and you can push the load around more efficiently granted you can roll the pit better with a tractor but when you have loads comming at you constanly i think the loading shovel is better

Agree jcb411abuser
Joined July 2010

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 12:42:28 pm »

It depends on the length of the pit, the only problem with loaders is that they move too slow in a long pit. it takes a massive loader to keep up with an average sized tractor, and even if you do use a big tractor there is still plenty of work for it year round but an 18 ton loader isn't needed for anything but silage.

Agree davedb
500+
Joined March 2009

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:48 pm »

only problem with tractors on clamps is after 4-5 years they a f***ed, with the oil constantly being moved away from the pump and so on, a good telihandler is about the best way i think, or i have seen 360 excavator used aswel, they work but you need another tractor and trailer to move them like a dozer ect would, in my opinion you would be better calming down a bit with the stupidy big choppers and then a tractor would cope perfectly.

Agree spooky
Regular
Joined October 2009
Aka The Coffee Monster

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 09:31:38 pm »

I remeber when i was a kid watching the silaging, where i lived they used a kramer allrad 312 with a 7 or 8 foot muck fork, simple but effective. A great piece of kit, I've turned a 512 around in a shed that was only as wide as the loader was long by sliding it around, it helps that the tyres were almost bald and the floor was slippy. Fun but i don't think my boss would have liked it very much.

Agree davedb
500+
Joined March 2009

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »

so they have been doing teh maize at collage recently, theyve got a case ppuma 210 on teh buckrake and that is taking a full 14 ton trailer load in one go, thats teh way to do it, there are 3 jd's a nh and a fendt 936 on trailers. and the contactor has a nother crew coming somtime with another set of trailers, a buckrake and a chopper, all the matchinery is 10 plate

Agree volvofh16
Mostly Harmless.
1000+
Joined September 2009
Please do not call me lad.

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 07:46:03 pm »

New Machinerys the way too go. Was working on an oil spill accident at local power station and the other company that was there had this massive MF 60 Plate tractor i had a go. was frikkin sweet lol. (sorry to go off topic with that) Im not really familiar with all that stuff but from my point of view tractor would be alot better and was said before more versatile for a start. Plus as someone pointed out if it had to be an 18 ton shovel then just transporting that is a problem in it self. Not to mention the intial cost etc.

Agree jcb411abuser
Joined July 2010

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »

I can't see how the oil would be a problem? how is a loaders hydraulic system any different to a tractors? other than obviously having stronger pumps with higher flow, maybe they would have bigger oil coolers to but most tractors have large enough oil coolers. and 18ton might be a little of an exaggeration but I think that is the working weight of a volvo l120 c which is basically the size range you would be talking about with large contractors, the volvo l110e seems to be the loader of choice for a big contractor.

Agree volvofh16
Mostly Harmless.
1000+
Joined September 2009
Please do not call me lad.

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:38:33 pm »

would still stick with the tractor. Cant remember who but i thought i saw somebody earlier mention a 360 track machine. I drive one all day on all sorts of ground but F**K going into a silage pit with one. it would be so unstable even with 700 grousers and a blade on a 14 tonner or what ever. youd be sea sick lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: