Home Mods Forum Explore Log In Sign Up
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: International 454  (Read 1186 times)
Agree reiddwyer
Veteran
Joined August 2010
Dairy Farming, It's In The Blood

« on: January 02, 2012, 06:38:02 am »

Hey there.

At the moment I am trying to get our International 454 going again because it has needed a new battery for a while and we just haven't got one so I have decided to buy one. So I am using this opportunity so give it a good clean out and replace oil filters air filters and change oils etc. Our uncle who did some work on the tractor ages ago gave us an hydraulic filter I beleive. Now I am just wondering where the Hydraulic filter is located on the 454 and thought I would ask you guys if you knew Smiley

Thanks Reid Smiley

Agree Vampirecat019
500+
Joined April 2009

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:25:58 am »

Hmm. I've never seen a 454 in person, but on the IH 656 on the right side of the rear end there is a plate, it's about 6"x9" or so, and the filter is behind that. On yours the filter should be below the Multi-Control valve. Hope that helps! Smiley

MOO.
Agree reiddwyer
Veteran
Joined August 2010

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:37:20 am »

Hmm. I've never seen a 454 in person, but on the IH 656 on the right side of the rear end there is a plate, it's about 6"x9" or so, and the filter is behind that. On yours the filter should be below the Multi-Control valve. Hope that helps! Smiley
I know this may sound silly but multi control valve is? is it where you plug the hydraulic for a baler or the like in?

Agree honda 420at
Regular
Joined March 2010

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:23:16 am »

Hi your filter is on the right hand side as you sitting on tractor it is attached tothe suction pipe that goes to pump on the front side of the engine.

Agree reiddwyer
Veteran
Joined August 2010

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 08:29:55 am »

Hi your filter is on the right hand side as you sitting on tractor it is attached tothe suction pipe that goes to pump on the front side of the engine.
Yeah thanks, ill check it out tomorrow Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: