Seen 1437 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012
View my profile

« on: March 11, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »

This is an automatically generated support topic for the mod 'Black Mountain Montana' - Click here to view

If you need help using this mod, please reply to this topic.

Welcome to Montana, the Big Sky Country. This map uses real world terrain from the Big Flat area near Missoula Montana. Most of the map is mountainous forest with some flat farm land in the Northeast. This is a forestry map with limited farming. The cows, sheep, pigs and chickens are on the map and there are enough arable fields for a single player to make a living at farming.

Features:
Dairy cow's pasture, pig's enclosure and chicken coop near player farm.
Sheep's pasture to the Northwest in Sherman Gulch.
Eight arable fields ranging in size from 1.8 to 5.6 hectares with a total of 35 ha.

There are no trains on the map and there is no BGA either.

Sell points (see the PDA):
-Hay, grass and straw in the red barn at the player farm (Barn on PDA).
-Manure and liquid manure at Mary's Farm to the North.
-Logs and wood chips at Stanton Sawmill in the center of the map.
-Wood chips at the Biomass Plant in the town to the Northeast.
-Three sell points for grain and root crops:
1. Wright Agribusiness to the Northwest.
2. Goldcrest Pacific Grain to the Northeast across the river.
3. Denton Bakery in the town to the Northeast.
-Eggs are sold at Denton Bakery and the diner to the Northeast.
-Livestock is bought and sold at Emmerson's Livestock Market to the Northeast across the river.
-Wool is sold at the Spinnery near the Livestock Market and Goldcrest Pacific.

Water can be pumped from the Clark Fork River to the Northeast. There are also fountains at the main farm (by the red barn) and near the sheep's pasture by the mining shed.

There are gold nuggets scattered around the mountains. The abandoned gold mine to the Northwest is a good place to start looking for them.

Fertilizer and seed triggers are on the main farm.

There is a gas pump at the main farm and a gas station in the town to the Northeast. You can also refuel by the barrels and gas cans at the logging camps on Horseback Ridge and Middle Ridge.

The best timber on the map is near the logging camps to the Southeast and Southwest, high up in the mountains. The logging roads in the mountains are challenging. Plan out your haul routes carefully. The steeper trails down the ridges are for skidding logs. Since they are not used often they will frequently have dead trees across them. Those trees can be removed with a chainsaw.

Here is the main player farm.  The sell point for hay, grass and straw is inside the red barn.  The other triggers are shown on the screenshot.
Click on the image to view it full size:

Here is the cow's pasture with the trigger locations indicated:

The pig's enclosure:

The sheep's pasture:

On the PDA image below I have highlighted all of the mountain roads.  The primary access routes are the best roads.  Even so they are rough mountain roads.  The secondary access routes are drive-able, but are not as well maintained as the main roads.  The ones in red are trails and are not intended for on road vehicles.   They are not maintained at all.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:33:02 pm by Hoot » Logged

runwick
Joined October 2011
View my profile

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:07:57 am »

has anyone downloaded this yet  i am from the area and want to believe in it but not if the map isn't well done
KimG
MVP
Joined April 2015
View my profile

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 09:05:44 am »

has anyone downloaded this yet  i am from the area and want to believe in it but not if the map isn't well done

A glance at the mod DL page shows that 170 people have downloaded it, 61 today so far. But even if someone replies positively, how do you know that their expectations are the same as yours?? Surely the only way to know if it meets your personal standard is to download it and have a look, hardly an arduous task. Plus it's a bit off to suggest the map might not be well done in the support thread when you have not even been bothered to look at it yourself, poor form.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:09:06 am by KimG » Logged

this_is_gav
MVP
Joined December 2010
United Kingdom United Kingdom

View my profile

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:45:09 am »

It's not my type of map (I prefer the smaller British style like Coldborough or Thornton), and I can't say how well it reflects Montana as I've never been, but from the look around I had yesterday I think it looks fantastic. It has character, atmosphere and detail even hidden away in the depths of the forests.

Well done Hoot, outwardly at least you've made a cracker.
OldBor
Veteran
Joined March 2013
View my profile

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 11:59:27 am »

has anyone downloaded this yet  i am from the area and want to believe in it but not if the map isn't well done

Also following on from what KimG has said, you can be assured that if Hoot releases a mod it will be quality.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012
View my profile

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:06 pm »

Hi, this is a forestry map so it will not interest many Farming Simulator players.  I also am from the area and my house in the real world is on this map.  It is actually in the middle of field 3 Cheesy.  Much of the map is fictional.  To make a playable map in Farming Simulator there has to be sell points which are not within the boundaries of the map in the real world.  I tried to just include things that could be found nearby though.

My internet isn't that great and it's GB usage is capped so I do agree that downloading a map is a big deal.  I tried to include a lot of pictures in the WIP topics for the map to help people decide if the map is of interest to them.
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?topic=13351.0
http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=193121.0

If it helps in your decision there is a video review of the map already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9bHAN4kyw

Thanks for the support OldBor, this_is_gav and KimG.  I make maps because I enjoy doing it.  I decided to upload this map and share it because of the feedback from members like you.

Hoot

BulletBill83
BulletBill Designs
Joined August 2014
I like maps...
United Kingdom United Kingdom

View my profile

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 05:06:20 pm »

Also following on from what KimG has said, you can be assured that if Hoot releases a mod it will be quality.

Couldn't agree more. The only limitation "Hoot" has is his capped slow internet. Grin

Timbojigs
Joined April 2011
United States United States

View my profile

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 12:46:54 am »

I have been to the area and can say that it is a beautifully done well detailed map. Whether you are into farming or forestry this is a phenomenal map. It is my personal favorite map of all time from FS2009 when I started this to present. I have 40 plus hours into this map and I personally love it. Well done Hoot.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012
View my profile

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:37 am »

I have been to the area and can say that it is a beautifully done well detailed map. Whether you are into farming or forestry this is a phenomenal map. It is my personal favorite map of all time from FS2009 when I started this to present. I have 40 plus hours into this map and I personally love it. Well done Hoot.

Thanks Timbojigs! And thanks for testing the map and the recommendations also.  When I started making the map I thought that interest in it would be limited to guys like you who are into forestry and trucking.  After playing on it myself for the last few weeks of testing I can see how someone who wants to do only farming but wants to get out and explore the mountains might also enjoy the map.  I have found myself just going out for a hike in the mountains, just like I do in the real world.

ccs101
MVP
Joined September 2012
Use the force...

View my profile

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 01:43:55 am »

I enjoy this map the same way... I do not do a large amount of forestry, but the mountains on this map are very interesting to just go around exploring in... plenty to do either with forestry or farming... Smiley
JPVV
Joined March 2017
South Africa South Africa

View my profile

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 02:10:02 pm »

Great stuff, one of the best maps I have ever played on.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012
View my profile

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »

Great stuff, one of the best maps I have ever played on.
Thanks JPVV,  I am getting a lot of play time on it too.   I had hoped that there would be a few people out there that enjoy forestry in Farming Simulator like I do.

Hoot

akuenzi
One certain harried accountant
MVP
Joined January 2015

View my profile

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »

I had hoped that there would be a few people out there that enjoy forestry in Farming Simulator like I do.
Intended completely tongue-in-cheek...
Hoot,

Sadly, I am facing picket lines of protesters chaining themselves to logging equipment, pounding spikes into trees, and otherwise barring entry to the vast Black Mountain wilderness...  Apparently a spotted owl was noticed in the forest, and they are trying to prevent me from cutting my timber, despite assurances that it will be cut responsibly and in a sustainable manner:

Hoot -- what do I do now?!  My children are hungry, and my wife is upset that I chose to buy a new tractor and deplete the bank account.  Tongue Hmm... there's always the sheep, I suppose.

Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012
View my profile

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 12:04:27 am »

Hoot -- what do I do now?!  My children are hungry, and my wife is upset that I chose to buy a new tractor and deplete the bank account.  Tongue Hmm... there's always the sheep, I suppose.
I suppose I could replace the chickens with spotted owls and you could raise them instead.  I don't know how good they are at laying eggs though.  It will be tough paying of that new tractor on income from the eggs anyway.

Timbojigs
Joined April 2011

View my profile

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:28 am »

http://www.meer.org/ebook/j.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hYrX5Z1i6CI/TUd0fn11XRI/AAAAAAAAAAk/VX8D43r6-kM/s1600/50582914.jpg

Just for you Akuenzi
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:36:45 am by Timbojigs » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page